Qualities, skills and abilities of a tutor
Tutoring is private academic support, usually provided by an expert teacher; someone with deep knowledge or defined expertise in a particular subject or set of subjects. Wikipedia
- High school degree or an experienced qualified teacher.
- Extensive knowledge of a particular subject.
- Certification and training is a plus.
- Ability to explain concepts to a variety of ages and learning styles.
- Ability to build rapport with the student.
- Open and honest relationship with the student
- Good listening skills.
- Never act annoyed that the student does not know something.
- Professionalism and respect are essential.
- Communicate frequently with parents.
Online websites for academic needs
Online or offline, always check the business and tutor reviews and ratings.